Functional testing and uploading software
After populating the PCBs, we can load firmware, test and/or application software.
Functional testing is possible at either PCB level, or of the device after assembly. For functional testing, we use a bespoke needle bed.
If required, testing can include burn-in duration testing which takes place in our hot room. This duration testing at operating temperature informs us how the electronic device will behave in realistic ambient temperatures.
What does our assembly service involve?
- We can carry out full mechanical assembly of the device.
- All wiring and cabling will be attached correctly.
- If necessary, we will use the tropicalisation technique (coating) to provide maximum protection of the electronic components.
- If required, we will produce the mechanical fittings that are needed for assembly.
- After undergoing a final check, everything will be packaged in anti-static packaging in accordance with industry practices.